I’m still hanging in there and have overcome some significant milestones. These are;
- One of the opening scenes in an assembly room where far too much happens and too many characters are introduced. (I cut stuff. Simple solution but I’ve never before had the gumption to really focus on what the scene needs to be and what absolutely has to stay and what needs to go)
- My bad guys are two dimensional opera cape wearing fiends. (I’ve spent some quality time with them and done more research. One will get a mention in the Wednesday update/Word of the Week post on 16th January)
- I tend to gloss over earlier scenes that I don’t want to write because my back plot isn’t suitably thought out. (I’ve sorted out my black plot and made everything much simpler. Hopefully this will stand up with time)
I’m also going to amend my goals slightly. Revisions will still be done by the 28th March but I’m also going to state how I’m going to do this as it makes the success of the goal more measurable.
- I’m going to write some of ‘my book’ everyday
- I’m not going to get distracted by other projects (with the exception of my short story Little People which needs to be revised and on SFF online by the end of January. I’m hoping that can all be done this Tuesday)